Register your boat or yacht Germany
Let us take care of your yacht registration under German flag. The paperwork can be a bit overwhelming but we will take care of it all for you.
Germany Yacht Registration for all EU members and residents – We take care of all paperwork
Germany has a very popular yacht registration that is considered one of the highest rated inn the world. If you fly the German flag on your vessel you know that your inspections will be limited to the minimum when traveling outside of Germany. German flagged vessels are known to be high quality and the average age is low.
Who can register their boat under German flag?
Any citizen from the EU, resident in Germany or any EU company where most of the directors are German passport holders can register their boat in Germany. For the company we would need to appoint you a resident agent in Germany. This resident agent has to be a German citizen with residence in the jurisdiction and district of the ship register. We work with a professional resident agent who has been taking care of this for many years.
Can any type of vessel register in Germany?
The German maritime register accepts registrations for private, bareboat and commercial use. The requirements are slightly different for each type of use.
Do I need to renew my German boat registration every year?
No, the German registration does not need to be renewed and is valid as long as no changes have been made to the vessel. There are therefor no annual fees after the registration is done.
What are the cost to register my boat in Germany?
- There are 3 different fees that are payable to the German registry PLUS our service fee for taking care of everything for you.
- Our service fee for providing a local registered German agent and taking care of all German paperwork is a one-time fee of €995,- Our fee does not include the maritime fees above.
- Registration of seagoing yachts € 393,-
- Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH) for the preparation of the ship's tonnage certificate € 250,-
- Maritime Register of Shipping, which is calculated according to the ship's value + € 25,-
Can I get a German MMSI - radio license?
Yes, we can apply for a German MMSI – radio license for you while applying for your German boat registration. Our fee to apply for a MMSI radio license is € 250,- and includes all maritime fees.
How long does it take to register under German flag?
The normal time for registering under German flag is around 3 to 5 weeks. However, there is an urgent option in Hamburg to have an English provisional registration certificate issued by the court immediately. confirming that application for the ship registration has been orderly filed and that the yacht will be registered in the ship register shortly. This certificate enables the our clients to already use his yacht on the basis of a deemed provisional registration.
What are the different requirements for private, bareboat and commercial German registration?
There are different safety requirements based on the type of registration:
- Private use - no safety certificate is required
- Bareboat charter - a Boat Certificate ("Bootszeugnis") is required
- Commercial use - “Safety Certificate for Recreational Craft” and “Safe Manning Certificate” are required
What paperwork do I need to supply for a German yacht registration?
- A Power of attorney for us to take care of the registration (we provide this to you)
- Our KYC form (know your client) questionnaire (we provide this to you)
- Copy of the beneficial owner(s) passport or identity card.
- Copy of beneficial owner(s) utility bill. (utility bill should indicate the address that is also indicated on your passport or identity card).
- Declaration of Conformity and CE Certificate for the yacht (copy is ok)
- Builder's Certificate (copy is ok)
- 2 x photos of the yacht:1 x side and 1 x stern view of the Yacht (real photos)
- Current ship registration documents and cancellation certificate from the pre-registration or non-registration certificate in relation to the Yacht
- Approx. value of the Yacht (last purchase price paid).
- Our application form with client details, boat details like: manufacturer, type, power, year of construction, engine number, length etc.
- In case of EU company owning the vessel: notarized and apostilled corporate documentation of the foreign company (Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Article of Association, Certificate of Good Standing)
|How fast can it be done?
|Available for all nationalities
|Suitable for commercial yachts
|no / yes